November 19, 2009

Happy New Moon Eve!


For all the Twilight fans out there, tonight is the night for the New Moon movie! I've been itching to experiment with my previous Twilight inspired design to take it a little further and explore the colors that you see at twilight - be it dawn or dusk. Since I live in a place with very few clouds or rain, I actually see a beautiful clear sky out my window most mornings that looks similar to this - deep orange at the horizon line with dark shadowy trees and houses. So using that as inspiration, I stamped Bella and Edward, then masked them and sponged three Memento ink colors to make the sky. (Tip - start with the lightest color first and then blend in the darker colors.) I also made a couple of other things to go along with the card, so I'll be back to share those with you tomorrow!
..................................
Images, black dye ink, and notecards by A Muse. Memento ink in Potter's Clay, Tangelo, and Canteloupe; sponge dauber, post-it notes, Copic markers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved my card!! It's so cute! I have to make a frame wall for all my favorite cards! :)