May 07, 2008

Dr Seuss inspired!


Inspired by "Horton Hears a Who"! This is my version of the clover flower that Horton carries around in his trunk in the story. On the tip of the flower is a speck where the Whos live in Whoville. I had forgotten about this story, but after seeing the movie I was inspired to capture those flowers on paper! I used the sparkler stamp (minus the stick) and then dabbed a little 2-way glue over it and added some shimmer chalk to fill it in. The stem is a clear stamp from the stitched numbers clear set which I bent slightly before stamping. Then I went over the stem with a lighter color Copic marker to fill in the gaps. Worked like a charm!
..................................
Images and twinkle sticker by A Muse. White cardstock, purple cardstock. Fluid chalk ink in wisteria, green ink, Copic marker, Pebbles shimmer chalks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another masterpiece. Thanks for all your help with my blog.

melissa said...

You are such smarty! Such a great use for those stamps....super!

lilQTangel said...

What a cute invitation...I would love to make these for a horton hears a who baby shower I'm hosting and would like to know where you bought the sparkler stamp. Thanks.