October 03, 2010

Nuts about you


My hubby and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary last week and this is the card I made for him. We are both Ohio State grads/fans and it's also where we met, so I knew my Ohio State die cuts would be perfect for his card. I was thinking about sentiments and then it hit me that "nuts about you" would be perfect with the Buckeyes (they are nuts, but you can't eat them - they're poisonous!). Guy cards can be challenging but I just stuck to some manly colors along with the required scarlet and grey. And... I guess it worked because he loved it! He even noticed the bits of sanding I did around the "O" to reveal the white core. It was tricky to get in the small spots with a basic sanding block, so I have a Precision File set (Basic Grey) on order - for the next time I need to sand tight spots!
...........................
Images and notecards by A Muse. Ohio State die cuts by Quickutz (varsity O and buckeyes) - created for Cord Camera but look to be discontinued - Quickutz outlet might still have them; foam tape, scoring tool, sanding block, VersaMagic chalk ink.

4 comments:

Michellem said...

LOVE this! How inventive of you - I am not a big sports fan but I "got it" as soon as I saw it - I'll bet your man is Nuts About You too!

Lori Barnett said...

Cool card. I've never heard of buckeye nuts. Well...I guess NOW I have ;) hee hee

Sarah said...

Awesome card! Only one small problem: my family would disown me if they found out I liked anything to do with the Buckeyes. They may squabble over the Wolverines and Spartans, but they're united in their rivalry with Ohio State. But that's too bad because your card is too cute not to share it.

And I had no idea that QK made collegiate dies.

Scoopy's mom said...

Oh, this is wonderful! I'm sure he loved it.
"Go Bucks!"