September 15, 2009

2010 Calendar is here!


The 2010 A Muse calendar is here! This year, the proceeds from the calendar will go to Water 1st.
I'm excited about this calendar because I've had a theme in mind since last year! I was inspired by Julie's cover page on her 2009 calendar and thought it would be fun to make an entire calendar using a theme of Birds & Trees. The A Muse birds and tree stamps are some of my favorites and it was fun choosing stamps for each month! I decided I needed a little more space for stamping the trees, so this year I made an A2 size calendar. As usual, I plan to share one page each month throughout the year. But here is September 2010, to give you a little taste of what is to come. I backed each page with different colors of Juliette patterned paper - which gave me an instant color palette!


There's sparkle on both the cover page and the Leafy Tree leaves. (I hand drew the little falling leaves.) I can't wait to share the rest of the pages with you next year!
ETA: For the stand, I used the same stand design that I used last year - which is Julie's slick design and she shared details on creating it - here.
.....................
Images, black dye ink, calendar, and paper by A Muse. Copic markers, Adirondack Espresso ink, Memento Tangelo and Bamboo Leaves inks, Art Glitter Angel Dust, quickie glue pen, Spica glitter pens, Spellbinders Nestabilities die, foam tape, Bind-it-all, 5/8" O-wires.

8 comments:

Jennie M said...

Super cute!! I love this Emily!

Michellem said...

Delightful!

Jenn said...

I love this calendar, it's super cute! How did you construct it so that it would stand up?? I want to make this style calendar as a gift for my daughter's teacher. Are you by any chance willing to share the secret? ;)

scoopy (Emily) said...

Thanks! Sure Jenn - I just updated the post to include that information.

Glenda J said...

Fantastic!!! Great minds think alike... our September pages are similar...

Lori Barnett said...

Fantastic job!!

sherry czarnecki said...

Love it emily!

Cookie said...

LOVE your calendar! The 2010 looks AWESOME!!