January 19, 2009

Saltbox Studio Color Challenge


The Saltbox Studio gals have a color combo challenge they are sharing on their blogs today, and I thought it would be fun to play along! The colors were Swiss Red and Cabana Blue - such a wintery combo that I decided to pull out my Saltbox Brrrr set. I've had this "red mittens" idea for this set in my head for a while, so it was nice to get a chance to put it to paper. This was inspired by one of my favorite childhood books which is now out-of-print: Too Many Mittens.
And here are the other gals who are planning to play along, so be sure to check out their blogs today too:
Elena
Jen
Mary Rose
Lexi
Lori
Geeta
Novell
Sherry
Rhonda
..........................
Images, black dye ink, Swiss Red Sheer ribbon, and notecards by A Muse. Copic Lipstick Red and Cool Shadow markers, Cuttlebug die-cut tag, Martha Stewart Crafts 2008 collectible snowflake punch, Xyron, foam tape.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the impact of the red mittens--very cute!! thanks for playing!

Lisa said...

I love this color combo and I have this stamp set!! Maybe I should get it out and play with it to!! It is a wonderful card.

Elena said...

I really like your winter mittens in red! Thanks for playing along with us.

Rhonda said...

Very beautiful Wintery card! Your creations are all awesome!! TFS!

Anonymous said...

So cute, Emily! We're big fans of Jan Brett's "The Mitten", another winter classic!
mary rose

Lori Barnett said...

This card is adorable! I love the red mittens!!

sherry czarnecki said...

so sweet! I need those mittens!

jenstamps said...

This is perfect for that book!!!! It totally reminds me of the cover, great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh Emily, this card is so beautiful! THe perfect design for this stamp

Laura said...

Love the card! I especially love the sentiment attached to the ribbon.

Beth Thomas said...

Love this! The line of little red mittens looks awesome framed with the icy blue! Too cute and clever!

Glenda J said...

So cute! Love the mittens. Hope your class goes well and have fun at CHA!