June 06, 2008

Color Combo Challenge!


So fun! This is for A-MUSE-A-PALOOZA Challenge 1 - Geeta's Color Combo - which was to use Cabana blue, Passion purple and Kitchen Chocolate. I've had this idea in my mind for a while now - to use the Saltbox Studio Banner Year pole with the Birds on a Wire stamp - and it was fun to make some time to work on it tonight. Whenever I see birds perched in a row on a pole or wire, I always think they look as if they are having a "bird meeting". So the "Let's Chat" stamp was perfect! I experimented a little with arrangement of the color layers, and decided to use scraps on a natural card base. Sorta different, but I like it! What do you think, does it work? Lots of great cards to see from everyone playing the challenge - you can see them all over on the Splitcoast gallery --> here!
............................................
Images by A Muse and The Saltbox Studio. A Muse Notecards, Brilliance graphite black ink (heat-set), Copic markers in Raw Silk and Cool Shadow, dimensionals.

3 comments:

melissa said...

I love this card Emily! Great idea for those cute birdies! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oh, Emily, this card is so cute! I always think the same when I see many birds on a wire. Maybe it's genetic!