February 28, 2007

Birthday Cake

Inspired by "You Send Me" greeting cards. I noticed this post at the Sweetpeas & Snapshots blog about these cards and remembered when I saw them in a shop several years ago (2002?). These cards were a big influence on my stamping style back then. They were so charming that I had to make my own version and it was fun to revisit them again.
I used a Copic marker to outline the scallop edge (which I cut first with scissors). Then used my Quickie glue pen and Art Glitter over the outline.
Images and notecard by A Muse. Palette Hybrid ink Noir, Copic marker - Shadow Pink, Sakura stardust pen, Art Glitter and Sakura quickie glue pen, Provocraft scissors.

4 comments:

diane mcvey said...

This is just precious! So sweet and simple...I LOVE IT! It's so much fun to see what you are making...thanks so much!

michelle m white said...

Soooo cute!!! Love the glittered scallop!

Elena said...

This is my kind of card...super simple, super cute! Thanks for the continued inspiration.

Connie said...

This is really sweet.