January 08, 2007

Charlotte's Web

Since my son's birthday was a farm theme and we just recently saw Charlotte's Web, I thought it would be fun to make a birthday card for him inspired by the movie. I don't have many reinkers, so I used fluid chalk cateye DTP to make the faux wood for the barn door frame. The hay and grass are also fluid chalk DTP (masked with post-it notes).
Images by A Muse, white cardstock, SU Cranberry Crisp cardstock, SU Going Grey ink, Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink, Palette Hybrid ink Noir, Sakura clear Stardust pen, Prismacolor markers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your creative genius is showing again! This is precious...I just love it! And thanks for giving the DTP instructions...isn't fluid chalk just grand??!! GREAT CARD!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! Great job, once again.

Anonymous said...

This is too cute! I can't wait to see the movie with the boys.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, more kiddie lit inspired cards! Maybe we should start sending in titles of favorite books and see what you can do! Wonderful card :)

Jenny Mick said...

Hee Hee! That card made me smile! It is soooo cute! TFS!! Glad to hear that your son's party went well. The cupcakes were super cute too.

Jenny (jfstamps on SCS)

Anonymous said...

Just DARLING, Scoopy!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun card - I'm sure he loved it!!