October 13, 2006

Make-Believe Owl

Inspired by X the owl in his big Oak tree from Mr Roger's Neighborhood. I used the dotted lines stamp several times to make the bark on the tree (on an A Muse Bark notecard). Then I cut out a small oval in the middle of the card using my Creative Memories oval cutter (I tried the Coluzzle once and I like the CM system better). Then I stamped the owl straight through the oval onto the inside of the card. I love that the A Muse notecards are white on the inside - made this so easy. It also is nice when you are using a dark color card - you don't have to add a sheet of white inside (or write with a gel pen) for your words to show up. Hand-lettered sentiment inside says "Hope your Birthday is a Hoot!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute and I love the inside sentiment! You are so creative!

Lisa Johnson said...

OH MAN! I know X all too well... remember HR Puff and stuff. ... Oh wait... thats probably WAY before your time. Great card!

Anonymous said...

too cute - love the sentiment too!!

Anonymous said...

You are sooo talented lil lady - I love your style!!