October 23, 2006

Clear Stamps!!

Got a chance to play with A Muse clear stamps this weekend! I had only tried one other brand of clear and I hafta say the A Muse stamps were sooo much easier to work with. They come nicely trimmed and placed on their acetate sheet - so you don't have to pull them apart from each other. I also didn't have to rock the stamp really to get the ink on the paper. The acyrlic blocks are beveled which makes them easy to hold (just make sure to put your stamp on the non-beveled side). With the long block (2x5.75"), I was able to put all the letters for a word onto one block and just stamp the whole thing all together - no stamp positioner needed (too easy)!
This card was inspired by the "Think Big" set in the SU holiday mini catalog. I actually stamped "big" with a lighter brown and decided it needed to be dark brown. So I just reinked it and stamped over the previous image! I used two A Muse clear alphas - the polka dot lowercase large and small. This is for our friends who are moving across the country, so the inside (hand-lettered) says "wishing you the best on your BIG move". Art glitter and a pink twinkle sticker are on the dots in the word "big".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! This is very cute! Now why did I buy the SU one??!! I have this alpha...in the small. Soooo awesome! Thanks for the great card :)

Anonymous said...

I too have this alpha set and have not had the time to play yet. It will be my first venture into the clear um sets, so thanks for the walk through you provided!! Cute card, by the way!