May 04, 2011

Go forth!

 
Can't believe it's May already and the school year is coming to an end. Time to think about graduation cards! My cousin recently graduated from Penn State, so I made this card with him in mind. Guy cards can be tricky so I kept it really simple. 

A little trivia for you about this "go forth and do good" quote from the new A Muse Studio ConGRADulations stamp set... it was said by my uncle, Minor Myers Jr., who was the President of Illinois Wesleyan University. He used it frequently in graduation speeches and you can hear him saying it on this youtube (scroll to around 4:35). I am *so excited* to have it as a stamp and you may have also seen a version of it on some of the "quotable cards" products out there on the market (he would vary the wording a bit to keep his speeches fresh). I think it is the perfect quote to give to a new grad and works great for both guys and gals! 
.................. 
A Muse Studio conGRADulations stamp set, cobalt cardstock, white pearl, 3D foam adhesive, cobalt and onyx inks.

6 comments:

Cookie said...

Love this! That cap is so CUTE!!

JulieHRR said...

I think it's an awesome quote, Em! It inspires! And, so cool that your uncle has inspired so many with it in his speeches! :) Love you!

Michellem said...

WOW - How inspiring!!
So great to see a post too - I've missed you!

Kim said...

Great card. What size is the card base? I never know what size to make my square cards.

scoopy (Emily) said...

Thanks!
Kim - the card base is 4.25" square. Hope this helps! =)

Kim said...

Thanks Emily. I'll have to give that size a try.