April 27, 2008

VMAA "Disco Ball" Challenge


The next challenge was to get messy with glitter! Now glitter itself is messy, but I decided to make the card a little messy too. I've had a pack of red/silver/blue Martha Stewart glitter since last summer and I rarely use it. The minute I read the challenge details on this one, I knew this glitter was the way to go. So I pulled it out along with the sparkler stamp to make fireworks! At the winter CHA show, we stopped at the Art Institute Glitter booth and watched a technique called "glitter lacing" where you put one color of glitter over one section and then layer one or two more glitter colors in the remaining areas. Such a fun technique with very sparkly results! Now normally when I use the sparkler stamp as fireworks, I mask off the stick so that it doesn't show up when stamped. But we only had 30 minutes to do each of these challenges, so in the interest of time, I decided they had to stay - lol!
.............................
Images, ribbon, and notecards by A Muse. White cardstock, Essential glue pad, Versafine black ink, Cuttlebug slider oval die, Martha Stewart crafts glitter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so great! it really looks like fireworks.

Rhonda said...

So fun, I'm sure this made a huge glittery mess for you!!! :D