February 12, 2017

Mini Pop-up Heart Valentines


I love the new A Muse Studio mini heart pop-up die!  It's sized to fit the new gift card envelope - so fun!  I used a mask to cover the areas around the heart and then stamped with berry ink. Then I masked off a section of the heart, stamped the tip of the arrow, masked the other side and stamped the end of the arrow.  

Masking worked so well,  I created two more:
The mask was created by die-cutting a scrap, then using it as a template to trace the heart shape in the center of a piece of text-weight paper.  Fold the paper in the center of the heart and then cut it out.  It generally stays in place since the heart is popped-up a bit, but I did add a bit of 2-way glue (dried) to the back to help keep it in place while stamping.

On this one, I layered a mod backgrounds 2 stamp and the peppermint swirl for a different look.  I kinda like it - what do you think?  Which one is your favorite?
Been a while since I blogged!  I made a light-box to help with photos, so hopefully I'll have a chance to post more often again.  Let's see, since my last post, I had a baby (she is almost four now) and moved twice!  Crazy how time flies!

Images (Mod Backgrounds 2, To the Point, and Peppermint Swirl), dies (pop-up heart and gift-card envelope), cardstock (sugar, french roast, bubblegum), and ink (berry) by A Muse Studio.  Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  Corner chomper.  Stamp positioner. Text-weight paper, scissors, 2-way glue, and post-it notes for masking.

No comments: